We all want to be happy, but sometimes we forget how to find happiness within ourselves.
True happiness doesn’t come from what surrounds us but rather from what we carry inside. If you’re looking for some words of wisdom on why and how to be happy, read on.
Why Choose Happiness?
Happiness comes from within. It is not based on your circumstances but on how you choose to see them.
Choosing happiness is about taking control of your thoughts and emotions, making a conscious effort to see the good in every situation, focusing on the positive, and rejecting the negative. With this mindset, you can achieve greater happiness and improve your health, achieve your goals, and find happiness no matter what challenges come your way.
There are so many benefits of being happy. Happy people are more successful, productive, and creative. They’re also healthier and live longer. Happiness has numerous physical health benefits, including reducing stress levels, strengthening the heart, and boosting immunity.
Plus, happiness has many psychological benefits. Those who are happier feel more happy emotions, enjoy greater well-being, and have a better attitude toward their work and life.
When you’re happy, you enjoy all the beauty life has to offer. Choosing happiness allows you to be more present in the moment, savor every experience to the fullest, and enjoy great relationships.
Moreover, choosing happiness encourages optimism and can help build resilience, allowing you to cope better with challenges when they arise. By choosing happiness, you can create a positive feedback loop that leads to greater and greater levels of joy and fulfillment.
35 Choose Happiness Quotes To Inspire You
Happiness is a choice you can make every day, and the following inspiring choose happiness quotes are excellent reminders of that. Take a few minutes to read through these quotes and let them motivate you to choose happiness every day!
1. “Happiness is a choice you make.” ― John Leland
2. “If you want to be happy, be.” ― Leo Tolstoy
3. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” ― Denis Waitley
4. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” ― Aristotle
5. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness.” ― Charles Spurgeon
6. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” ― Margaret Lee Runbeck
7. “When you get up in the morning, you have two choices – either to be happy or to be unhappy. Just choose to be happy.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
8. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” ― Groucho Marx
9. “There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
10. “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
11. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” ― Epictetus
12. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” ― Audrey Hepburn
13. “Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.” ― Walt Disney
14. “Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give – pleasure, possessions, power – but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy.” — Dada Vaswani
15. “Choose life, choose to be happy, and make somebody smile.” — Ray S. Jones
16. “Find light in the beautiful sea. I choose to be happy.” — Rihanna
17. “Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response.” — Mildred Barthel
18. “Happiness is always a choice. You can’t wait for circumstances to get better. You have to create your own good fortune. So look for ways to be happy every day.” — Joel Osteen
19. “Choose to be happy and make inner peace your mission is the best way to live life. Now organize your life to attain these.” ― Debasish Mridha
20. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” ― Marcus Aurelius
21. “Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you.” ― Ralph Marston
22. “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” ― Kevyn Aucoin
23. “No matter what’s happening, choose to be happy. Don’t focus on what’s wrong. Find something positive in your life. Thank God for the small things.” — Joel Osteen
24. “This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.” ― Susan Polis Schutz
25. “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!” ― Dita Von Teese
26. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” ― Frank Tyger
27. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” ― Epicurus
28. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” ― Albert Camus
29. “Happy is he who forgets (ignores?) what cannot be changed.” ― Mark Twain
30. “No medicine cures what happiness cannot.” ― Gabriel García Márquez
31. “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed, or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.” — Joel Osteen
32. “Happiness is mostly a by-product of doing what makes us feel fulfilled.” — Benjamin Spock
33. “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
34. “In every single moment, we have the choice to be happy or not. No matter what is going on, we can choose to focus on what is right, what is good and whole in ourselves and our lives, and what options we have in any given situation. In other words, we can choose to be happy no matter what.” — M. J. Ryan
35. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” ― Roy T. Bennett
How To Choose Happiness Today?
It can be challenging to choose happiness every day, but it is possible with these simple tips:
Smiling is one of the simplest and most effective ways to boost your mood instantly. The simple act of smiling sends signals to your brain that tell you to feel happy.
Humor and laughter improve mood, reduce stress, and boost immunity. So seek out funny entertainment or spend time with friends who make you laugh.
Exercise releases endorphins, happy chemicals that have mood-boosting and pain-relieving effects. Even a moderate amount of exercise can significantly affect your happiness levels.
Write down three things you are grateful for each day, no matter how small. Happiness becomes second nature when you cultivate gratitude and can see the good in every situation.
One of the best ways to feel good is to find ways to be kind to others. Make sure to extend that kindness to yourself as well. Be gentle with yourself, forgive your mistakes, and celebrate your successes.
Connect With Loved Ones
Research shows that social support is vital to happiness and better health. Keeping in touch with loved ones can help you stay connected and reduce stress and anxiety. So, spend time cultivating relationships with those who make you feel loved and supported.
Celebrate The Little Things
As the saying goes, happiness is found not in great achievements but in small pleasures. Make sure to celebrate your small wins: good news, new opportunities, happy moments, and other positive experiences.
You can choose to be happy, and we hope this post has inspired you to choose happiness every day!
Read through the quotes above whenever you need a boost of inspiration. And incorporate the simple ways to choose happiness every day through actions like smiling, laughing, being kind, and spending time with loved ones.
What you focus on expands. If you focus on what’s good, you’ll see more of what’s good in your life. If you focus on what’s happy, you’ll see more of what makes you happy. So choose happiness and watch it grow!
Looking for a great tool to help you choose happiness every day? The Do Happy: Daily Happier Habits App is here to help!
The Do Happy: Daily Happier Habits App is the perfect way to add a little dose of happy into your life every day!
The app provides daily tasks designed to increase your happiness, an accountability calendar, a journal, an important people organizer, and more. With the Do Happy App, you can build good habits, show kindness to yourself and others, and track your progress over time.
The Do Happy app is the perfect solution if you’re looking to choose happiness and live a life well-lived. So why wait? Download the Do Happy App today!