Do you want to finally start the journey of truly loving yourself?
Self-love can be difficult to grasp, but it is a crucial step toward emotional health. Positive affirmations for self-love are one way to start this journey.
With these 101 powerful self-love affirmations, you’ll start to appreciate your worth, recognize your strengths and learn to accept yourself for who you are today.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are statements you repeat to yourself, often in the morning or before bed, to program your mind for success. They are a form of self-hypnosis that reinforces positive thoughts and beliefs about yourself.
Repeating positive affirmations helps you to focus on the positive aspects of yourself and your life. Additionally, positive affirmations help to eliminate negative thoughts and replace them with more empowering ones.
When used correctly, positive affirmations can help you to transform your life and become the best version of yourself. They can help you to stay motivated, become more confident and productive, and achieve any goals that you set for yourself.
What Is Self-Love?
Self-love is the act of valuing yourself and your own needs. It is about understanding your own worth and taking care of yourself emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Self-love means that you are kind and forgiving to yourself and you do not rely on others for validation. When you love yourself, you believe you deserve respect and appreciation. You become more authentic in your relationships with others because you no longer seek approval from them.
Self-love also means that you are open to personal growth and improvement. You recognize your strengths and weaknesses and work to both improve the former and minimize the latter. You don’t compare yourself to others and instead focus on your own journey in life.
What Are Positive Self-Love Affirmations?
Self-love affirmations are positive affirmations that focus specifically on promoting self-love and acceptance. By repeating positive statements about yourself, you train your brain to think more positively about yourself. This can help you overcome negative self-talk and boost your self-esteem.
101 Positive Self-Love Affirmations
Here are 101 self-love affirmations you can use to help cultivate self-love and acceptance:
1. I am worthy of love, respect, and compassion.
2. I love and accept myself just as I am.
3. I am deserving of happiness and success.
4. I am a strong and capable person.
5. I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
6. I have everything I need within me to be happy and successful.
7. I am loved and supported by those around me.
8. I love and accept myself unconditionally.
9. I am grateful for my many blessings.
10. I am worthy of all the good things life has to offer.
11. I am able to create the life I want.
12. I am in control of my own happiness.
13. I am responsible for my own well-being.
14. I choose thoughts and beliefs that empower me.
15. I am surrounded by love and support.
16. I am able to let go of negative thoughts and emotions.
17. I am free to be myself.
18. I am beautiful, inside and out.
19. I am unique and special.
20. I am loved unconditionally.
21. I approve of myself just as I am.
22. I am perfect just as I am.
23. I am whole and complete.
24. I am valuable and deserving of love.
25. I have everything I need to create a life I love.
26. I am enough.
27. Today, I choose to love myself.
28. I am open to receiving love and support.
29. I am worthy of a happy and fulfilling life.
30. I radiate love and am deserving of more self-love.
31. I am confident and self-assured.
32. I trust myself and my instincts.
33. I am courageous and brave.
34. I am strong and resilient.
35. I am wise and insightful.
36. I am kind and compassionate.
37. I am loving and forgiving.
38. I accept myself unconditionally, flaws and all.
39. I am grateful for my many gifts and talents.
40. I am worthy of happiness and joy.
41. I am free to pursue my dreams and goals.
42. I am entitled to a life that brings me fulfillment and happiness.
43. I choose self-acceptance and self-love.
44. I am capable of handling whatever life throws my way.
45. I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
46. I am safe, secure, and protected.
47. I am healthy and whole.
48. I am abundant in all areas of my life.
49. I have everything I need to create the life of my dreams.
50. I am lovable, deserving, and capable of receiving love.
51. I am open to giving and receiving love.
52. I am willing to let go of negative thoughts and emotions.
53. I deserve to be happy and successful in all areas of my life.
54. I am willing to take risks and step out of my comfort zone.
55. I am confident in my ability to achieve my goals and dreams.
56. I value my inner peace and happiness above all else.
57. My self-worth is not contingent upon others’ opinions of me.
58. I choose to stop apologizing for who I am.
59. I am allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.
60. I release the need to be perfect.
61. I am worthy of respect, no matter what.
62. It is safe for me to express my emotions.
63. My emotions are valid and warranted.
64. It is okay for me to feel angry, sad, scared, or any other emotion.
65. I am allowed to have needs and boundaries.
66. It is okay for me to ask for what I need.
67. It is okay for me to say “no” when I don’t want to do something.
68. I deserve to be treated with kindness, respect, and love.
69. I am valuable, no matter what others may think or say.
70. I am allowed to make my own decisions, even if others don’t agree with them.
71. I am responsible for my own happiness.
72. My happiness is not contingent upon others’ actions or words.
73. I am allowed to be happy, even if those around me are not.
74. I am capable of taking care of myself.
75. I am allowed to take care of myself, physically and emotionally.
76. I don’t need anyone’s permission to take care of myself.
77. I am allowed to love and care for myself.
78. Self-love is not selfish; it is necessary.
79. I deserve to put myself first.
80. I am allowed to put my own needs first.
81. It is not my responsibility to make others happy; that is their responsibility.
82. I cannot control how others feel or what they do; I can only control myself.
83. I am responsible for my own actions, thoughts, and emotions.
84. I am not responsible for others’ actions, thoughts, or emotions.
85. I cannot change or fix others; they can only change themselves if they want to.
86. I am capable of changing and growing.
87. Failure is not an option; I will never give up on myself.
88. I am capable of creating the life I want.
89. I am in control of my own life.
90. I choose to live a life that is authentic and true to myself.
91. I am allowed to be myself, without apology.
92. The only approval I require is my own.
93. I deserve love and all the positive things life has to offer.
94. I accept love from myself.
95. I forgive myself, for all my mistakes and shortcomings.
96. I am a work in progress and I am okay with that.
97. I am on my own journey, and I respect others’ journeys as well.
98. I choose my own well-being and happiness.
99. I am grateful for everything I have, including myself.
100. Self-love is the foundation for a happy and fulfilling life.
101. I choose to love myself every day.
If you enjoyed reading these affirmations and want to incorporate them into your self-love journey, check out our 101 Self-Love Affirmations Digital Download! It contains all the affirmations from this post beautifully laid out and ready to print!
20 Best Self-Love Quotes
Need some inspiration to practice self-love? Check out these quotes about self-love:
1. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
2. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” – Charles Bukowski
3. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne
4. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
5. “If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” – Beyoncé
6. “Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – Louise Hay
7. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outward appearance. It is much more about accepting all of yourself.” – Tyra Banks
8. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” – Rupi Kaur
9. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morely
10. “I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect.” – Maya Angelou
11. “Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves, too.” – Unknown
12. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
13. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
14. “Tell yourself how wonderful you are, how great you are. Tell yourself how much you love yourself.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
15. “Love yourself more, you’ll never regret it.” – Ann Marie Molina
16. “When you feel your worst is when you need to love yourself more.” – Unknown
17. “To accept oneself completely is to know the truest kind of self-love.” – Unknown
18. “I just wanted to remind you, in case you needed to hear it, to be kind and loving to yourself, and talk to yourself like you would talk to your best friend.” – Camila Cabello
19. “What I am is how I came out. No one’s perfect and you just have to accept your flaws and learn to love yourself.” – Kelly Brook
20. “I think I’ve been able to find happiness, and I’ve learned to love myself. That’s a huge accomplishment for anyone, learning to love yourself.” – Jazz Jennings
Tips For Incorporating Self-Love Affirmations Into Your Life
Here are some tips for incorporating self-love affirmations into your life:
1. Say Them Out Loud Every Day.
Make it a point to say your affirmations out loud, preferably in the morning when you wake up or at night before you go to bed. The more you say them, the more they will sink in and become a part of your belief system.
2. Write Them Down.
In addition to saying your affirmations out loud, write them down. This will help you to internalize them and make them a part of your everyday thoughts.
3. Put Them In A Place Where You Will See Them Often.
Write each self-love affirmation on post-it notes and stick them around your house or office, or create a screensaver with your favorite affirmations. Seeing them often helps keep them at the forefront of your mind.
4. Repeat Them To Yourself Throughout The Day.
Whenever you find yourself in a situation where you’re feeling down about yourself, take a deep breath and repeat your affirmations to yourself. This will help you to refocus your thoughts and remind yourself of your worth.
5. Practice Self-Compassion.
Remember that you are human and that it’s okay to make mistakes. Be gentle with yourself and practice self-compassion whenever you can.
6. Take Care Of Yourself.
Treat yourself with kindness and respect, and make sure to take care of your physical, mental, and emotional needs. Self-care will help you to feel your best, both inside and out.
7. Be Patient.
Developing self-love takes time, so be patient with yourself as you work on building your self-confidence and feeling good about who you are. With consistent effort and dedication, you will create a strong foundation of self-love and acceptance.
8. Seek Professional Help If Needed.
If you’re struggling to love yourself, seek professional help. A therapist can provide support and guidance as you work on improving your relationship with yourself.
You deserve all the love you give others, so make sure to show some love to yourself, too. Self-love affirmations can help you change how you think and feel about yourself, so don’t hesitate to give them a try!
The moment you start treating yourself with self-love and respect is the moment you begin to feel better about yourself, inside and out. So make sure to give yourself some love today!
Do Happy: Daily Happier Habits App
Ready to start practicing self-love? Look no further than the Do Happy: Daily Happier Habits App!
You deserve happiness, and the Do Happy: Daily Happier Habits App can help you live a happy life. The app helps you prioritize yourself every day. It’s packed with features that help you boost your mood, practice self-care, and find more happiness in your daily life.
The Do Happy: Daily Happier Habits App is free to download on the App Store. Try it out! Start loving yourself today with a free 7-day trial!